Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

frenzies delay quite regular, from what i know since i joined ages ago thats always been a common thing
    as for other peoples items, well they cant be blamed for that all you can do is contact them

although email seems to be impossible lately as im struggling to return a damaged item due to them non replying and i wont pay postage as it should never have been sent to me as it wasnt as described

If you ever want to double check the status of a swap you click on the item to see the listing, then underneath the description there is a title that says 'order status' it will either say something like 'congratulations you have won this item' (not been dispatched yet) or it will say 'sent to buyer'.I am also having great difficulty getting in contact with them, I think they have marked a game as dispatched then forgotten to actually send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxion View Post
    swapit atm im afraid, they havent sent 2 books that i won from 2 + weeks back
    i know, they got a very angry phone call today, and I am now thinking of leaving
    How do you know their phone number I thought it wasn't anywhere on the site the last time I looked for one?

'WE MIGHT BE CRAP, WE MIGHT BE POOR, BUT NO OTHER CLUB IS LOVED MORE!'

I had to send several emails for them to eventually reply regarding me wanting to return a bad condition item.. Took them long enough. As for a phone number they took that off site ages ago

Swapit brings buyers and sellers together to trade pre-loved items.

not anymore, they're shut

6. The Following User Says Thank You to x-april-x For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by x-april-x View Post
    not anymore, they're shut
    RIP swapit!!
    I've earned a total of 2,158.09 with TopCashBack, you can too! Click here!
    Also earned a total of 337.45 with Quidco, you can too! Click here!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyE For This Useful Post:

Hello again everyone.

I can't say I'm surprised that Swapit has closed it's doors. When I stopped swapping I had a feeling the site didn't have long left. They just seemed to know what direction to take the site. What done it for me was the gaudy colours, extremely overdone adverts and not to mention the removal of member ratings making every member look the same.

^^^I flew in this aircraft at Duxford.^^^

90% of teens today would die if Facebook was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew.H For This Useful Post:

as if they're shut , feel like a part of my childhood has gone hahaha

admittedly i don't think i'd even looked on there since about 2013 (let alone actually sold anything) but its hardly a massive surprise that its gone, think they'd been on a downwards slope from as far back as when they dropped the 'shop' from the name and went from the orange/green layout to the newer blue one. nightmarish ui, riddled with bugs, poor customer service (especially in the later days), limited selection of items + rapidly declining userbase (admittedly not all their fault and alot of that was down to stuff like postage issues, growth of other websites etc. but still), yah it was pretty much a clinic on how not to run a successful business and seemed for sure only a matter of when, not if, they decided to pack the lot in. i'm honestly shocked that they lasted this long.
    Last edited by Elliot; 28-05-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    Elliot - Moderator - Contact me for any help or assistance

Thread Information