Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Default Idea for selling more swaps using searching

Those that still swap know that we are losing a lot of sales just by members not having the right feature to click on our other swaps currently listed. The current profile page of a member just sends them to every swap you have ever listed, older ones first which is no use at all. We also know this will be a while before swapit tweak with it to work right!

So those that have been around before the days of profile pages will know we used to add a line at the bottom of our listings saying something along the lines of 'Search the name laura.k to see my other items listed'

I finally got around to adding this phrase to a listing and it searches correctly so I suggest you might want to start adding this on when relisting and listing items onto the site. It might be a waste of time but hopefully it will help get a couple more things sold for you!

'WE MIGHT BE CRAP, WE MIGHT BE POOR, BUT NO OTHER CLUB IS LOVED MORE!'

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura.K For This Useful Post:

i'll give it a try - havent added the phrase but searching without it is useless ... maybe it may work?

I think 'swap/swaps' is one of the many words that set off the sensor for manual approval so avoid using it and stick to 'to see my other items' or something similar

I get multiple sales now and again, but not as much as I used to do so I can see this helping. Fingers crossed anyway because the amount i'm currently selling is forever dropping.

'WE MIGHT BE CRAP, WE MIGHT BE POOR, BUT NO OTHER CLUB IS LOVED MORE!'

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura.K For This Useful Post:

My sales dropped rapid from like 30 to 5 at a push. I just went post office and something went as soon as I got home..
    Typical

Thread Information